MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh tarragon, or dill
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, (3 ounces)
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper
Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook (uncovered) until the zucchini is tender (7 to 10 minutes). Puree in a blender in batches until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and season with pepper. Serve hot or chilled.