Makes 12 muffins:
1 1/2 cups of shredded carrots OR shredded zucchini
1/2 cup of small diced orange OR green bell peppers
1/2 cup of frozen peas
8 large eggs
Ground black pepper to taste
12 tablespoons shredded cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray each muffin slot with cooking spray. Then run your finger over the sides so that every inch is literally coated with spray or you will be chiseling off stuck food; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl add the carrots, zucchini, peppers, and peas; toss to combine.
- Loosely pile about 3 tablespoons of vegetable mixture to each muffin slot, or enough so that each is filled to about 3/4 full; set pan aside.
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup (the measuring cup makes for easy pouring), crack the eggs and lightly beat with a whisk.
- Add the black pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of egg into each slot. They will be about 3/4 full after being topped off with egg.
- Top each slot with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are set, cooked through, and are lightly golden. They will puff in the oven, but sink upon cooling. Allow muffins to cool.
- You may store in the refrigerator and reheat in microwave as you need them.